Milestones - Where we come from
KAUP GmbH & Co KG is a German business imbued with history and at home for generations in Aschaffenburg on the Bavarian Untermain.
1894 - Master blacksmith Peter Kaup founded a smithy in Leider, at that time a rural suburb of Aschaffenburg.
1927 - The son of Peter Kaup, Kilian Kaup specialised the smithy in repairs in the area of ship and harbour equipment.
1962 - Otmar Kaup founds, together with his father Kilian, the Kilian Kaup KG to produce attachments for forklift trucks - it was the birth of today's Kaup GmbH & Co KG.
1971 - KAUP prospers and grows. Accordingly the company moves and now manufacturers on 3000 sqm. A further expansion of the production capacity follows in 1976.
1980 - A modern administration building is built on the existing company premises.
1995 - About 400 employees produce for the first time more than 25.000 attachments per year.
1998 - KAUP is the first manufacture to put attachment capable of handling up to 8 euro pallets on the market.
2005 - KAUP produces superlatives: the worldwide largest rotator (32 tons) and the worlds biggest tyre handler and fitting tool (for tyres with a diameter of up to 4,6 metres).
1998 - Production capacities in Aschaffenburg are expanded once again as part of a long-standing extensive investment program - among other things 16 new welding robots start up their work in a new factory building.
2008 - In November a new assembly and production hall with 16.500 sqm is put into operation in Aschaffenburg.
1997 - In the Chinese town of Xiamen KAUP puts a second production plant into operation - exclusively for the Asian Market.
2008 - KAUP continues to expand in China, and manufactures in a new 12.000 sqm sized assembly and production hall on a 20.000 sqm area.
1993 - Holger Kaup becomes second general manager. He represents the fourth generation in the KAUP-management.
2012 - Kaup GmbH & Co KG celebrates its 50th company anniversary. Over 700 employees produce worldwide more than 40.000 attachments.